Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Watchers [Open to first 5 posters]

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

The Watchers [Open to first 5 posters]

Post by RasHeart » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 pm

"Attention all citizens. The first work period has ended. You may proceed to the mess hall." The strangely unnatural voice blared throughout the printing press. The hapless workforce paced through the hall in unison, almost like zombies.

Lunch hour. However, a certain avian had other plans. "Unison Square." she reminded herself. The avian walked with the crowd, looking as dull ash she could. Guards patrolled the streets, left and right. There was no way she was going to make it out of here without being arrested for thoughtcrime. Pearson was a lready arrested for doing so, and his fate was best left unsaid.

She made it past the guards, to a nearby alley. The avian woman stripped out of her blue issue jumpsuit and procured a bottle of fresh water out of her pack, washing her body with it.

The caked mud fell off her feathers with ease, revealing a colourful set of plumage. She dried herself off, dressing herself in her real clothes, a rare Domic sweater made of real cotton, and a pair of tight-fitting cloth pants. "Miss Joachim." a cool-toned voice spoke out.

Sponsor

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: The Watchers [Open to first 5 posters]

Post by Kael » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Shadow, the Black Hand Thumb, was running the rooftops, keeping out of sight. The Cobra was out searching for the petitioner who required the services of the Black Hand. His non-descript clothes were common, but his black skin might give him away. Good thing most people never look up.

He had nezred his destination when he saw a flash of color in an alleyway below. Hello, what is this? His curiosity piued, he went back and saw a brightly colored Avian. He started watching from the rooftop, his head the only visible part of the assassin.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:37 pm

A meerkat stood in front of Kyeema. "Alvarrin. What are you doing in these parts?" Kyeema wondered, staying leery. "I'm working on behalf of the Watchers. I'm sure you know them, Miss Joachim."

Kyeema squinted her eyes. "I know them. Why?" Alvarrin smirked. "So you can join them. I've known about your... distaste for Edsoc, or current government." Kyeema frowned. "I hated Edsoc, but I didn't want t--" she was interrupted. "Come out, my friend. I know you're hiding."

Alvarrin knew Shadow was there, and directed the comment to him, whilst not making eye contact.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 pm

[MOD: Mm, what is this? Thoughtcrime isn't prosecutable in the Age of Steam. This doesn't seem to fit the setting.]
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: sirchazh[email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:58 pm

[and how, pray tell, did you know, when he was hiding pretty dang well?]

Shadow stepped back into a shadow, disappearing from sight. He then went down the wall, still invisible, and walked to the other end of the alleyway. He then dropped the invisibility. "Good evening, Watchers. Greetings from the Black Hand." He bowed deeply. The Black Hand had been trying to get into contact with the Watchers for ages, but the just-as-elusive-as-they group had been hard to find.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm

[@Rackenhammer: Well, I'm assuming the movie 1984 was placed in an alternate universe that can't seem to evolve from this era's tech.]

[@Kael: Alvarrin is psychic, he can detect the thought ranges of anybody, and it appears as a ripple effect looking bit.]

Alvarrin smirked. "Ah, yes. The Black Hand... we've been waiting for centuries to meet an agent. You're the Thumb, I gather. Welcome to London. Now to attend to our newest Watcher." the meerkat turned to Kyeema, putting his hand on her head, focusing his psychic energy onto her. The quetzal felt a string of another consciousness insinuate itself into the fabric of her mind, Alvarrin had made a telepathic link.

Welcome to the Watchers, Miss Joachim. Alvarrin thought, transferring it to Kyeema.

I don't trust these Black Hand. They're pretty sketchy. Kyeema thought.

Don't say that. We've been looking for them. They're a great bunch, if you're on their side.

[Footnote: Is London in Edwin as well?]

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Shadow nodded. "Indeed. You may call me Shadow. It seems we have both been searching and missing each other. Did one of you finally cave and perform the Ritual?" The Ritual was where a fur gets a petal of a nightshade flower, steeps a tea with it, and then adds 2 drops of blood to it. They then stir the mixture counter-clockwise twice, then clockwise thrice, chanting, 'oh, Lord of Death, please send thy agent to me, for I have blood to spill for them.'

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:54 pm

"Yes, Shadow. It was the Evellraiyne who preformed the Ritual. We grew tired of searching, so we decided to call you." Alvarrin spoke coolly. "I tried some nightshade tea. Absolutely delicious."

Before Shadow could question Alvarrin's decision, he knew what the agent was going to say. "But it's poisonous, Alvarrin. I know that to a huge extent, but a strong mind can overcome any physical strife. Even nightshade poison."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 am

Shadow nodded. "It seems we have more in common than first considered. I too find the tea quite delectable, once you get past the part of toxic substances." Shadow, like the rest of the Order [the thumbs], had full control of his body, enough that he was immune almost any poison and most diseases. He could purify ingested substances by actually telling his body to.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:40 am

Alvarrin felt psychic ripples, many of them. They spoke of capture, a certain avian. That spelled trouble. "We should discuss this... elsewhere. Edsoc guards are coming."

Kyeema opened a manhole cover, jumping in. "Be sure to close it on your way down."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 am

[@RasHeart: The Age of Steam isn't just a time period designation, there's actual world background put on the top of the boards. Edwin isn't a totalitarian state; and it's capital is called Old Nottingham, not London.
If you want to do a steampunk 1984, fine. But I will move this thread to the Twilight Zone.]
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:09 am

[Could care less about where this is placed.]

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Shadw disappeared from sight, melding into shadows, before joining them down the hole. After he nimbly and quietly dropped the manholse cover back on, he reappeared. "Well, that could have gone a bit easier. Good thing they can't catch what they can't see," he said with a small smile.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 am

Alvarrin snickered. "Clever, as always." He pulled a flash light out of his jacket, illuminating the damp sewer they were in. "Follow me."

Kyeema followed the meerkat, wondering why they were travelling through the sewers. "Where are we going?" The question was left unanswered for a while, until they reached a checkpoint of sorts. "Halt, citizen. State your name, allegiance,and rank." an armed guard spoke punctually. His shoulder patch was a silver eye, the insignia of the Watchers. Alvarrin told Kyeema and his Shadow to leave this to him. "Alvarrin Dyrenkos. Watchers. Verryn."

"Welcome back, Alvarrin. Who are these?"

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Shadow followed, behind the rest. When they came to the checkpoint, he stayed back, mostly blending with the sewers. He did not deem to answer the question, as he wanted to see how Alvarrin would handle this.