Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

An unknown Traveler

A nation weaker than all but Maze, ruled by the Feline. The current system of government is Imperialist Monarchy, with an Emperor or Empress as Head of State. Its military is only ahead of Maze, as the Yamahanese Army and Navy. It geographically shares a large continent with the Territory of the Ravens. Similar to Earth's medieval Japan.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 pm

"Oh, okay." Yokai replied when Mewry told her that all he had in the cart was fish. I guess a cart of fish is just a cart of fish sometimes; she thought to herself. She smiled at Mewry's awe at the busyness of the market. "This is only an average day, there are times that it is much busier than this." She commented with a wide smile. "The docks are a ways further." She continued as she tried to find the easiest path for Mewry to pull his cart through the crowded market. "Think you'll be able to find your way back, or would you rather stop and set up shop?" She asked

Sponsor

LogoFaux
Peasant
United States of America

Post by LogoFaux » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:12 am

Mewry couldn't hide his absolute glee as he faced Yokai, "I-I think I can, it's just so energetic." He stumbled a few times due to the distraction and followed Yokai as best as he could. He tilts his head as a question comes to mind, "What about you, where will you be staying?" He watched her for any reactions she might have, trying to focus his attention on her rather than the crowds. His tail thumped back and forth, hitting the wheels of the cart from the inside as he tried to hide his excitement.
Quotes are great

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Yokai chuckled as she watched Mewry's excitement. She couldn't help but find his reactions a little amusing. "Okay, I'll keep leading the way toward the docks then." She replied as Mewry expressed that he thought he could find his way back to the market. As they walked, Mewry asked a question she should have been expecting, but wasn't. Her tail stiffened ever so slightly, and she hesitated for a moment before she replied. "Oh, uh I have a place that I stay in the city." She replied silently hoping he wouldn't ask for details. "Hey look nikuman. Want some?" She asked as she pointed to a nearby cart, hoping to distract Mewry from further questions about herself.

LogoFaux
Peasant
United States of America

Post by LogoFaux » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:43 am

Mewry looked towards the direction of the nikuman, pondering before he spoke, "I'm not as hungry now, maybe I'll eat soething after I've gotten a place at the docks." He continued to follow Yokai happily, shivering from time to time as the sea breeze became stronger the closer to the docks they got. He stopped for a moment to rub his arms, curling his tail around his legs since it had more fur. "How much farther is the docks?" He says, letting out his more rural dialect and pulling his ears back against his thin mane.
Quotes are great

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Yokai shrugged when Mewry said he wasn't hungry "Fair enough." She replied. She was mostly just happy that he hadn't continued to ask more questions about where she stayed or any other sensitive personal subjects. She continued weaving her way through the crowded city streets, doing her best to find paths that Mewry could easily follow while pulling his cart. She stopped when Mewry asked how much further it was to the docks, realizing by the faintness of his voice that he had stopped before he said anything. "It's not much further." She replied as she lifted her nose into the breeze. You can smell the ocean stronger on the breeze as we get closer. She waited for Mewry to be ready to move again before she continued on down the street.

It wasn't much longer before they arrived on a long street that followed the shoreline. Docks sprouted from all along this street there were taverns and inns scattered all along the street between warehouses that stored the multitudes of goods moving into and out of the city. This section of the city was just as bustling as the market was, but there was much more of an air of purpose to the movements as sailors and dock hands moved cargo back and forth from warehouses to docks to ships. "Here it is." Yokai announced as she made an expansive gesture around them.

LogoFaux
Peasant
United States of America

Post by LogoFaux » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:21 pm

"Oh wow!" Mewry exclaimed when he saw it. The ships docked at the harbor were grand cargo ships, much larger than the ones from his village. It was very busy, people rushing around the port going about their days. Mewry looked over to Yokai smiling, "Which inn do you recommend? The sea breeze this season brings frigid air with it." He looked up and down the docks at the bustling people and started to thump his tail again. People were now beginning to light candles and porch lights, making a stark contrast between the shadows of the streets and alleys to the porches and fronts of the shops, feeling welcoming in the evening light.
Quotes are great

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Yokai paused when Mewry asked which inn she recommended. She frowned for a few moments in thought. She hadn't actually stayed in any of the inns herself so she tried to remember what she had heard from others who had. "Um...I've heard good things about Ryujin's Rest." She replied a little sheepishly. "It's a little further down this way. Probably ought to see about a room before they fill up." She commented, noting that it was getting late. She led the way a little further to a very simple inn. It wasn't much, but the rooms weren't too expensive, and it wasn't so seedy that you had to sleep with one eye open either.

LogoFaux
Peasant
United States of America

Post by LogoFaux » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Mewry let go of the handles and stepped up to the building curiously. He looked back over his shoulder at Yokai and said, "Could you watch my cart momentarily while I rent a room?" He turned back and stepped onto the raised porch and went inside. Looking around the lobby it had a counter in the far back that seemed to be connected to a small kitchen, probably for breakfasts. There were several large tables against the side walls, making the room claustrophobic in such a small space. The walls were worn and had many stains, but the paintings on them were made with care and probably recent. In the back by the counter, a shoji sliding door separated the eating space from the hallways.

Mewry approached the counter and waited until the innkeeper came. "U-umm. A basic rume pleaze," He stuttered in a more country accent. The innkeeper huffed and handed him a key, holding out his hand. Mewry handed him the money needed and the innkeeper walked away leaving him there. Mewry turned back and went outside to where he left Yokai and his cart.
Quotes are great

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Yokai looked almost confused for a moment when Mewry asked her to watch his cart while he went inside. "Oh, um, okay I guess. Just don't be too long" She replied. She took a look around as he went inside, and eventually leaned against the cart. The activity on the docks themselves was winding down, which meant the dockside street was getting more crowded as dockworkers headed to their homes and sailors went to find drinks and entertainment.

She eventually made her way around to the side of the cart closer to the building, and tried to get out of the trafficked area. Nighttime could be dangerous if one wasn't careful. She was watching the furs moving back and forth along the street closely as Mewry came back out. She hadn't noticed him coming back out, and her posture suggested that she was a little nervous.