An unknown Traveler

A nation weaker than all but Maze, ruled by the Feline. The current system of government is Imperialist Monarchy, with an Emperor or Empress as Head of State. Its military is only ahead of Maze, as the Yamahanese Army and Navy. It geographically shares a large continent with the Territory of the Ravens. Similar to Earth's medieval Japan.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

You see a suspicious traveler on the outskirts of Hoshiruki. He seems to be some sort of Tigon, leaning against a small hand wagon filled with a
few covered crates of fish. He is sleeping as if on edge, an old dagger in his hand. His pants are worn and were probably once white, his shoes something from a forgotten era, and his shirt nothing more than scraps of fabric wrapped around his shoulders. The only thing of seeming worth is the golden reddish brown metallic ring around his tail tip. He seems exhausted and his hands bruised.
Quotes are great
Sponsor
 

User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

Some shouting filters out from the distance, "Stop! Get her!" A single set of running feet is heard closer. A female red panda approaches the tigon, running at a sprint, and looking back over her shoulder. She looks back to the front just in time to see the tigon. "Woah!" She exclaims as she just barely vaults over the wagon and crates. She continues on past the tigon for a few more paces before darting off the road and continuing away.

Armored shouting figures approach just behind, though they slow down as they see the tigon. "Which way did she run off to boy?" One of them asks as the close the distance. The others are looking around, trying to pick up her trail.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

The Tigon sits up with a start looking around, holding his chest. Panting, he looks up to the armored figures as they begin to speak. Confused and not caring for the situation, he points in the wrong direction. He sighs and stands up with his knife, sheathing it onto his side and grabbing the sides of his wagon as he starts walking the direction the red panda had taken.

The road gradually becomes paved with old and worn stones as he nears the city, still a ways off but close enough that they maintain the roads. Flicking his tail he looks around sensing something. He drops his cart and squats, unsheathing his knife.
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

There is a brief rustling from a nearby tree as the red panda from earlier pokes her head down from the boughs. "Hey, thanks for the cover." She calls with a bright smile before gripping the branch with her hands, and flipping herself down to hang from the branch for a moment before dropping to the ground.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to try to rob you or something." She comments as she notices the Tigon's bare blade. she steps a little closer, holding her empty hands out to the sides to show she has no weapons ready to attack.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

The tigon sheathes his knife, standing up straight. "Any reason you ran off from the checkpoint?" he asks the red panda. Breathing out, he leans against his cart, crossing his arms, awaiting an answer. The cart creaks under his weight and a gust of wind passes through, ruffling their fur.
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

The red panda continues her slow approach until she's within arm's length of the Tigon. "Oh, lots of reasons." She replies in playful tones. "Those guys are assholes; they shouldn't have left their post to chase me; they thought they saw me somewhere I shouldn't have been; mostly I didn't want them to catch me." She finished with a wink. She tilts her head a bit before speaking again. "You seem a bit worried about something...having that dagger drawn as much as you have." She comments with notes of curiosity in her voice.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

The Tigon scoffs and looks away, smiling. "I have nothing more to hide than you do, red." He looks at her and smirks, before stretching. "I really should be on my way. Winter is soon to come and I need money." Tilting his head and grabbing the cart, he looks over to the red panda once more. "My name's Mewry by the way, Mewry Dregher. And you?"
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

The red panda shrugs "Fair enough." She replies as she looks over the cart in an attempt to ascertain what's inside without touching the covering. Her nose tells her it's likely fish, or they're at least involved. She turns her attention back to the tigon as he introduces himself. "Yokai" She replies with a smile. "So, I'm guessing you're heading for the market then?" She asks as she moves to walk alongside Mewry. "I'm also guessing you're not from the local area either." She adds.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

Mewry chuckles as he starts walking, expecting Yokai to follow. "Yeah, I'm heading to the market, and no, I'm not from here. Sea-cats aren't in this area." He smiles, flicking his tufted tail. He shivers as the evening sea breeze reaches them, feeling like needles through his thin fur. "I'll have to find a place for the night..." he mumbles with a sigh, slowing his pace to conserve energy.
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

Yokai falls into step with Mewry as he starts walking again. "Do you know your way around?" She asks when he admits that he's not from the area. "Hoshiruki is a pretty big city." She comments. "There are plenty of places to spend the night, depending on your budget." She continues. She glances around from time to time to make sure her pursuers from earlier haven't figured out where she went.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

"Unfortunately not. Do you think you could find me a cheap place with stable?" Mewry asks. His ears twitch. He thought he heard something but brushed it off as the adrenaline from earlier starts to ware off. He shivers from the breeze again. "Prefferably a place with heating... It's so cold here at night," he adds as nonchalantly as he could.
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

"There are a few places down near the docks that are about as cheap as you're going to get." Yokai replies with a slight frown. "Though there are some risks in staying in the low rent rooms in that area." She comments as they walk. She looks momentarily confused when he mentions it being cold at night. Her fur looks thick enough that temperatures Mewry would consider cold probably don't bother her. "They're down this way." She continues as she makes a turn and leads the way closer toward the city's docks. "That is if that's where you're wanting to go."
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

Mewry smiles and speeds up his pace a bit. "Show the way." He was happy to have finally arrived at the city after his long travels. The cart trudges behind him, getting caught on a rock now and then. "How much will they cost me?" He asked after walking for a while, the stones underfoot becoming clearer and newer as they approached.
Quotes are great
User avatar
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by Asyriel »

Yokai nods when Mewry confirms that he wants to head toward the docks. She continues leading the way deeper into the city, taking a turn every now and then to keep them on their course to the city's docks. She shrugs when Mewry asks how much the inns will cost. "A few yen." She replies a little absently as she looks around at an intersection for a few moments before picking a direction and leading them on. "So, what are you bringing to market?" She asks with some curiosity. It was likely that he was transporting exactly what it smelled like, but she'd heard stories of smugglers using strong smelling or disgusting things to hide what they were really trying to move, and deter anyone from inspecting too closely.
User avatar
LogoFaux
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Gender: Male

Re: An unknown Traveler

Post by LogoFaux »

"It's some fish. Their breeding grounds are by my village so I'm hoping they'll be wanted up here," he said happily, enjoying the chance to talk about his hometown. As they talk, the city comes into view, the crowds on the streets slowly growing around. They approach the market grounds and notice the many stalls and carts set out in front of proper shops and houses. "Wow... It's so busy here!" Mewry said in awe.
Quotes are great
Post Reply