Reflection of a shadow

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Asyriel »

She serving girl nodded, then looked to Lunacie as if waiting for her order..

Natsuki had been listening to Bon's story, and had been about to say something to Grisius when the hare took a seat next to her. She opened her mouth to reply to the Lunacie's first statement when she was cut off by her question, and Bell's squeal. She rolled her eyes at Lunacie's question, knowing that feeling insulted was an act of futility and wasted effort in the end. "and what if I am?" she asked Lunacie before turning to Bell hiding behind her. "it's only a mouse, nothing to be afraid of" she said in calming tones. "sometimes make a decent snack on the road" she finished with a chuckle "if you can catch them." she looked a Grisius "you aren't going to start brooding on us are you?" she asked in teasing tones.

Sponsor
 

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie paused for a moment.. then looking at Grisius replied thoughtfully.. "Now why would a Badger ask if there was something better?" she laughed like someone who was quite possibly more than a little bit mad.. "not that there would be after all... unless of course there were..."

She glanced at the serving girl and replied.. "just the usual tea.. unless of course I brought my own... which is quite possible since i was just in with your Master.." the serving girl sighed.. knowing she should have known better to than to ask Lunacie for a straight answer.

Lunacie glanced at the children.. wondering how such strange little creatures had attached themselves to Natsuki; then turned back to Natsuki with her reply "Just that you would be doing the world a favor by eating a merchant than a more intelligent creature.. unless you like the way they wiggle on their way down.. which i suppose you might since you have a taste for things that wriggle and squirm... or have i mistaken you for the other fox with pretty swords and daggers?.. perhaps .. perhaps.. " she glanced across the table at what appeared to be no one standing there "well.. stop complaining and have a seat.. not my fault that you don't bother to pull up a chair... nag nag nag...." she commented while adjusting one of the sticks of incense in her hair.

The mouse continued to peer out from the folds of clothing.. looking as if it were more afraid of the girl than she was of it.

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Brown Bear
Location: Casper, ?Wyoming

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Madmarco777 »

Shaking his head, Grisius scratched his ears. He smiled and replied to Natsuki. "Sorry, I was lost in thought." After taking a drink of water he mumbled "Badger, indeed." Listening to the hares cryptic words and imaginary friends, Grisius kept looking at the empty air she kept nagging about. Smiling, he looked at Bon and shrugged. He Patiently watched and listened, and reached down to his bag to make sure his mask was there. Upon feeling it, he than put it inside the pack.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

rieko
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by rieko »

bell still hiding behind Natsuki and holding as hard as she can. "is.. is it still there?" Bell says shacking behind Natsuki. Bon looks at Grislus and says " ok watch this."Bon looks at his hands and starts to snap his fingers. He does this several times, after some time it looks like all he is doing is snapping. Then a flame comes to his hand. the flame is moved to his pointer then vanishes. Bon looks over to bell then back to Grislus. holding his finger to his mouth he says" SShh don't tell bell but im going to teacher her on her birthday how to do that." he smiles.

Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki looked at Lunacie, and her ears flattened out as she tried to discern just what the hare meant by half of what she said. "slimy? it's fried...oh never mind" she replied. She looked at the hare's layers of dress "well...it probably is somewhere" she replied to Bell "come, there are far better things to fear in this world than mice; bandits, highwaymen, pirates, and tax collectors for example. Your fellow furs often offer much more danger to your life than the wildlife ever could" she said

before too long, the serving girl returned with food, a pot of tea, and cups for the group. Natsuki nodded, and said a quick thanks before the serving girl left them to their meal. Natsuki picked up the tea pot, and served herself a cup of tea before starting on her food.

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Lenna »

"Badgers?.. what you got against Badgers?" Lunacie asked Grisius.. "I've known some right nice Badgers in my day.... " she trailed off as she reached down and picked up an invisible tea cup.. blew on it and sipped. "Dry.. very dry.. should be wine by now.." she muttered. After a moment she looked at the blank air and commented "I told you to sit your arse down.. so don't stand there mumbling about how tired your legs are.. sit already". The wooden chair across from her almost seemed to give a bit.. was it someone actually sitting?.. or a figment of everyone's imagination.......

Lunacie shook her head and sighed at the chair across from her.. the small charms and bells which hung from her ears swinging back and forth with the movement of her head. Then, as if she had completely forgotten about the chair; she started digging through one of the many pouches until she found a small box. She set it on the table as the serving girl approached.. she nodded at the girl and waited for her to leave. The box was very small and ornate, it appeared to be some sort of carved wood. A bit larger than a snuff box, but not by much. It was held closed with a small silver latch. The carved designs looked like leaves at first glance. Then seemed to change into small animals or flowers when you tried to look at them for more than a moment. Almost as if the carvings themselves were somehow alive.

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Brown Bear
Location: Casper, ?Wyoming

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius smiled at the boy, and held his finger up. A small ball of light started to glow and then disappeared. "Make sure your careful with fire. It can be very dangerous." he told the lad. Laughing at Natsuki's jesting comments, Grisius' hairtie broke. With a hushed cursed he quickly pulled back the long, thick mess and tied a new string holding it back.

Smelling the food that was brought, he nodded as the mad hare went on about badgers and the like. Looking at the blank space she constantly nagged to, he felt the hairs on his neck stand up and a light pulse of energy as the chair moved. He shook off the feeling and dove into his meal. Carefully he noted the hares little box with a keen eye.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

rieko
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by rieko »

Bon grabs his food and takes it apart by hand."Bell get up here and eat. Theres real food on the table and one of them has your name on it." he looks back to his food and continue to eat.

bell looks around then moves back to her seat,slowly. she moves her food closer and smiles as if she never saw the mouse. she grabs a spoon, puts in the soup, blows on it and munches.

Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki took a sip of her tea, then a bite of her meal. She watched the others at the table for a few moments before letting out a long breath, and deciding to ask the obvious question. "so.." she said to Lunacie "what's with the box, or did you just put it there to show it off?" she asked. She braced herself for the probably nearly indecipherable answer.

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Lenna »

"What?" Lunacie asked Natsuki as she flipped open the latch of the box. "Oh this?.. just brought my lunch.... now.. lets see.. what do I want today... perhaps chicken?.. no.. turkey leg would be tasty.." she commented as she reached in and pulled out a linen napkin. She spread the napkin on her lap amidst the folds of her dress and reached back into the small box. She fiddled around inside the box with two fingers for a moment them removed an extremely large roasted turkey leg. The meat seemed to expand as she pulled it from the tiny box. She gingerly set the meat down and closed the tiny box flipping the latch as she did. "Oh no.. this will never do..." she muttered to herself. "Hares don't eat turkey.. now what did I do with that...." she commented as she fumbled through several of her small pouches. Her brow furrowed as if she were a bit confused but also deep in thought.. "Don't want to end up a goose again.. that would be foul indeed" she commented with a cackle. Finally she removed a small flask from one pouch; then started rummaging through another.. "Basilisk liver.. I know you're in here somewhere...come on out now.. don't be stubborn.."

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Brown Bear
Location: Casper, ?Wyoming

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius laughed as Lunacie pulled the turkey leg from the box. He recalled a time in his youth when he witnessed a bear stuff himself into a beermug. Taking a drink of his tea, he smiled as Bon began to devour his fish. He switched his gaze to Lunacie and than to Natsuki, moving his food around and taking another bite. He was glad that he had enough gold to buy a cooked meal for once.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie picked a small dried liver from her pouch. She removed the cap from the flask and let it hang from the small chain which attached it to the container. Then she pulled just a pinch of tissue from the basilisk liver which she crumbled into the flask. With nimble fingers the remainder of the liver disappeared back into the pouch, the flask was capped and lightly shaken. She silently mumbled something then tapped the flask once more. She paused as if counting to herself then removed the cap from the flask. A few sparks flew from the neck of the open container as well as a tendril of green smoke.. "oh... that should be perfect.. lets not hope for any more goose nonsense shall we.." she commented as she took a swig from the flask. She quickly recapped it and shivered just a bit; as if what she had tasted had been quite nasty; then promptly turned into a blue grey mink. Her layers of clothing seemed to adjust to her new form, although her hair was still a wild mess. "Ah.. much better for eating poultry.." she remarked as the flask disappeared back into the folds of her dress. She seemed unaware of anyone's reaction, as if this was a normal occurrence for her; then promptly tore into the turkey leg with gusto. The little mouse just twitched it's whiskers, as if it had been through this many times before.

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Brown Bear
Location: Casper, ?Wyoming

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius sipped his tea and leaned back in his chair. "I've heard," He told Natsuki disregarding the gray minx now sitting with them, "that using transfiguration potions can cause strange effects on ones mind. After to many transformations, some start to forget who they were to begin with." he smiled and looked at the children, pointing a finger at the side of his head and twirling it. Nimbly picking a piece of meat off his plate and threw it in his mouth.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

rieko
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by rieko »

Bon nibbles on the last of his fish, eating all of it and some bones, prying it apart to every last piece. He looks at his place with more of a sad look to his face. having finished it, he needed more, but there was nothing left. He looked up to Grisius " Umm.. Mr. Grisius... im still hungry. I finished it all." He says with a sad face thinking he will not get anymore.

Bell takes the bole and chugs the last of her soup. She looks happy and content with being full. she stairs at Natsuki, not going to grab her so not to bump in to her and make her spill her tea. Her eyes move to the cup. She looks over the table and finds a empty tea cup and holds it like Natsuki. When ever Natsuki drinks from her cup, Bell drinks from her empty cup and tries to cope Natsuki.

Asyriel
God
God
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki watched Lunacie with a raised eyebrow as she messed with a flask then drank from it. Natsuki shook her head as Lunacie changed shapes. "and one with such an affected mind tends to think such potions are a great idea...it's a vicious cycle" Natsuki replied to Grisius, adding a little playful melodrama as she said the last bit. She shook her head again, and went back to her meal, eating a few bites, and continuing to sip her tea. "So Grisius, where are you headed to?" she asked "you said you were only passing through the town to get supplies."

Locked