Reflection of a shadow

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Lenna
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie glanced at the mouse.. "oh?.. really.. well.. i suppose i can fix that... " She picked up the small box again and whispered something to it.. tapped on the lid and then flipped open the silver clasp. Once the lid sprung open she tilted the box into her hand; spilling several pieces of grain and sunflower seeds into it. She set the grains on the table, making a neat pile close to her; and flipped the latch closed on the small box once again. The mouse squeaked a reply and dashed out onto the table; settling down next to the grain and began eating. Lunacie glanced over at Bon.. "more fish did it say" she commented as she held the box up as if showing she could supply the needed fish if asked.

Sponsor

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Species: Brown Bear

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius had finished his food and drink and smiled as Bon asked for more. Checking his coinpurse as Lunacie fiddled with the box and fed her mouse. To his delight she offered the lad a fish from the box.
Laughing at Natsuki's response, he itches his neck as he answered her question. "I'm going East," he said looking at the table. "A little settlement in the territory of the Ravens." He reached for his pipe but left it since thy were inside a restaurant.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

rieko
Rogue
Rogue

Post by rieko »

Bon looks over to lunacie and nods his head in high hope. grabbing his plate and holding it high and as close to her as he can." would love some more fish. can i please have more miss!" he says with a glow in his eyes.not caring much for the change in shape.

Bell seem to be more focuses on Natsuki. saying little and trying to fallow the conversion. she sits kicking her legs back and forth, smiling.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Territory of the Ravens huh?" Natsuki replied "gotta watch yourself out that way. never know which tribe's territory you're in, and what they think of trespassers." she commented before finishing off her food, then pouring herself another cup of tea. "so what's got you interested in going out there?...if you don't mind my asking" she asked Grisius, both for the sake of conversation, and to sate her curiosity. She raised an eyebrow at Lunacie, wondering just what she was going to pull out of that box in the way of fish.

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie whispered to the little box again and tapped on it as she had done before. She flipped the silver latch and reached into the box. Slowly she pulled out a rather large cooked salmon, tail first, and laid it across Bon's plate. "That little fishy should do for a bit.. thought it shan't swim no more I'll wager" she muttered as she closed the box. She adjusted one of the sticks of incense in her hair, which had begun to droop a bit, and glanced over at Grisius and his coin purse. "I suppose this meal should be on me.." she commented offhandedly. "Though that would be a fair mess to clean", she added with the same strange laugh that she had cackled before. She stood and went to the serving girl to pay the tab. She rummaged around in several of the pouches sorting through many coin purses of all shapes and sizes. A small cloud of dust forming around her as she dug through some of the bags. From where the group sat they couldn't tell if she were exceedingly poor, or filthy rich. After the bill had been settled she came back and sat down as if nothing had happened. "Ravens.. pesky birds.. will eat your eyes if given a chance... " she muttered. "Good herbs though.. always an adventure there finding the rare ones...." she added as she gnawed the last tiny bit of meat from the turkey bone.

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius eyed the cooked salmon Lunacie gave to Bon. "That's very generous of you." he said as Lunacie left to pay the tab. He smiled and answered Natsuki's question.

"I'm on a family quest you might say. My brother settled there a few years back and started a small plantation. My father is worried because lately he hasn't sent any letters, and is too old to make the dangerous journey into that land." Clearing his throat after he spoke, he put his mask on the table.
"Father thinks he might have been captured by the slavers rumored to operate in that area." He reached up and itched the side of his neck than dug in his pack for something.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema

rieko
Rogue
Rogue

Post by rieko »

Bell looks at Natsuki and asks " theres a place just for ravens? I would love to see that. Birds are so lovely!" she comments. then tries to take hold of Natsuki arm and gets closer to her.

Bon takes his plate back, then looks at it. He stares at it for a minute. then he starts to think of his past and all the people who just walked by him and how no one helped him or his sister. His emotions runs wild inside of him. He lowers his head and sniffs. He puts his hand to his head. Every time he takes a breath he tries not to cry, making him cough.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"slavers can be some bad news to deal with. You don't plan on mounting a rescue on your own if that turns out to be the case do you?" Natsuki asked Grisius before turning to Bell "it's not necessarily just for ravens, that's just what it's called. there are other avians as well as more than a few furs living there as well" she replied before noticing Bon "um, are you ok? I thought you wanted more fish.." trying to keep her voice gentle

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie looked over at Bonn.. "what's your problem?.. you didn't know that fish.. twas no relative of yours and he was a perfectly good fish... well.. never won any wars or anything like that.. but he was a decent fish.. so stop sniveling and eat up.. he's fresh and tasty ... for a fish anyway".
After she was done telling Bon the fish was fine to eat she turned her attention to Bell. "Loverly birds ravens?.. you're completely daft. Ravens are evil flying feathered fiends. Why they'll eat your eyes right out of your sockets then rip your lips off while you try to scream. Lovely birds indeed. The only way a raven is lovely is plucked and roasted with butter and chives. Silly creatures, getting upset over a fish ya never even knew and thinking ravens are lovely".
She turned to Grisius and Natsuki "and you're taking these adventuring with you? Perhaps if they were grown and not so emotional... but methinks you'll need a warden for keeping those two from gettin ya killed.. and NO I am not volunteering for that job.. small squeaking creatures give me the willies".
She paused as if in thought and looked over at the empty chair across from her.. "Well I could.. but what good would it be to have them all grown and brave if they have no training? Besides those potions are quite dear to make not to mention there's no telling how they would be all grown if they are this nervous while kits".
She scooped up the mouse who had finished eating it's grain and set it back on her shoulder, took another sip from her invisible cup of tea and settled back into her chair glancing at the walls of the restaurant. "Someone really needs to put those moose away.. a room with a moose.. such a frightening thing when they're all pink..."

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius put a paw on Bons shoulder. He wasn't much for reassuring others and couldn't quite find the words. Puzzled he answered Natsuki. "I certainly hope it doesn't have to be a rescue. But in the worst case, if he was captured, than it become more of a negotiation." He smiled as Lunacie went on about ravens and nodded as she concluded. When she mentioned taking the children, Grisius shook his head. "I wouldn't take two little ones like these into a place like that. I couldnt even protect myself if I were attacked." He told her jokingly. As Lunacie was talking to the empty chair, Grisius returned to Natsuki.
"There is only one group in that land that worries me. I could handle a few slavers or thugs, but I do not want to go against an army of them. Either way I'm afraid alone is what I am."
- Tool, AEnema

rieko
Rogue
Rogue

Post by rieko »

bell looks over to Bon, then looks up to Natsuki. " i have never seen Bon like this. He never cries." She tells Natsuki, worried about Bon. She holds on to Natsuki scared.

Bon sniffs and coughs, he rubs his nose and his eyes. "People are never *sniff* this nice to me or my sister. They just walk by and never look at us." Bon stops to take a breath, huffing and coughing. "the only time people are nice to use is to take advantage of us or *huff* bell." He looks up to Grisius rubbing his eyes." i try to be strong and i always smile when im near Bell." he looks away and continues to rubs his eyes. "I don't want to be strong anymore! i want to break down. *huff* and i know your just going to leave us." he jumps over to grisius and hugs him as high as he can."but i don't want to leave you. i want to be with you. i don't know anyone here, i feel hated here. i want to leave this hell." He buries his head in to Grisius crying and coughing.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki looked at Grisius "not exactly the safest course of action" she replied "most people who are unable to protect themselves usually travel with people who can" she shrugged and looked down at Bell "everone cries every now and then" she said gently unsure of what to say to Bon, she couldn't exactly tote a pair of children with her wherever she went. She looked at Lunacie "what are you rambeling on about now?" she asked

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lenna »

Lunacie looked over at Natsuki.. "oh just the moose over there..." she replied as she pointed towards the wall nearest the kitchen door. "Those big lumbering beasts are always pink in this town for some reason..." She leaned in closer and lowered her voice.. "methinks it's a conspiracy....." she started to say when her head snapped back up and she looked at the empty chair across from her once more. "What?..." she asked the chair.. "Oh.. no.. I don't think she was referring to the aging potion.. why would she?.. she's old enough right now unless you think a crone would be more befitting her?.. No.. I thought not... those kits could do with some aging for certain.. but not Miss Fox 'ere"

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius held young Bon near. With a little uncertainty he pondered what he could do. He knew he couldn't take the young ones on his journey, but he couldn't just abandon them here. Scratching the side of his neck he thought on the journey he had accomplished so far. He thought about home, and then had a brilliant thought.

"Don't worry lad." he told Bon. "I may not be able to bring you on my journey, but I may be able to take you somewhere else" he smiled and dug for a map in his bag.
"I travel a lot anyway, and I want to do some things in the territory. But first, I think I want to go home." He told Natsuki while removing the map from his bag, he tried to understand why the moose here were pink, or whatever the crazy fur next to him was mumbling.

"What do you use aging potions for?" he thought outloud without realizing he said anything.
- Tool, AEnema

Lenna
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lenna »

"Why... to make one age quickly of course. They can turn a young kit into a teen, or older depending on the potion.. and a young fur into an ancient... " Lunacie replied to Grisius as if he should had known. She sipped again from her invisible cup of tea then set it back down on the table. "Course the reagents are quite dear to attain.. I may have most of them somewhere close at hand". She smiled as she looked at him, a twinkle in her eye and a look of mischief about her. "Why, do you feel the sudden need to become an elder?" she asked with a grin "I could picture as one.. why yes.. all old and grey... though I'm not so sure how much the ladies would appreciate it..." She trailed off again as if in thought.. her head nodding a bit, the earrings swaying and tinkling with her movements while wisps of incense smoke created patterns in the air.