Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Clockwork of Thieves, Lies and Cheats

This is where all of the Age of Steam role-plays are archived.
Grey_fox20
Rogue
Species: Fox/Wolf

The Clockwork of Thieves, Lies and Cheats

Post by Grey_fox20 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 am

It was quite a star-filled night in Glasgow, Edwin, the streets were almost empty with most people inside their homes or inside the pubs, with the few outside taking care not to stop, in fear that something may be lurking within the shadows that flowed across the streets.
But, for few, the nights were the best time of each day, a time for them to be free and do their "special" brand of "work", these are the thieves of the city. Each of them hiding and waiting...waiting for a person with pockets filled to wander down their alley.
But some thieves prefer to steal in plain sight, out in the streets...acting like a salesperson, yet really just a thief...one of these people are Jasper O' Mardar...

Jasper sat in the same spot at the pub, everynight,right at the end, far from the door. Always buying three shots of the hardest whiskey, waiting for the sun to rise and waiting to head back out on the street and start making his profit over again. "Another night...another few drinks" Jasper thought to himself, drinking the second of his shots."Still got more to sell...better sell 'em fast though, people're starting to get suspicious" he thought, looking down the bar. Jasper's thoughts drifted for a while, from what to do tomorrow to what to do when he finished drinking tonight, but he was soon broken out of his trance when he reached into his pocket and realised, he was out of money and he had yet to pay for his drink.
"I need some money...quickly" Jasper thought, looking around the pub, hoping to find a thief or someone of the like. Jasper reached into his pocket and pulled something out, keeping it hidden to the best of his ability but his metal hand made that difficult as it kept clicking against the golden cog.

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Re: The Clockwork of Thieves, Lies and Cheats

Post by cossant » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 am

Kyle had kept his drinking to a minimum. His eyes scanned the pub, looking for a good target to steal from. Life could be harsh, but to Kyle Diak, Life had treated him well. Or as well as any other 19 year old thief. From his table near the back, he could see the "salesman". He knew the type. Salesman with a miraculous cure-all that promised all sorts of things for a price. Of course, anyone who conned others always had to be on the move, or risk getting shot. Kyle had to give them credit. It took a special type of thief to steal someone's money right in front of their faces without them knowing. It took a charisma that he himself lacked.

Kyle's eyes narrowed as the salesman reached into his pocket and pulled something out. Noticing the metal sound, his eyes tried to identify the object. With a start, he managed a glimpse of the object. It was a golden cog, much like the one he himself had stolen. His was hidden in his leather jacket, along with his knife and revolver.
"Lets see if we can add two to my collection." he muttered to himself, and downed the rest of his drink. He got up and headed towards the salesman.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Jasper looked at the Golden Cog, examining it, but past the drunkards of the pub came a Gray Wolf, identity unknown by Jasper, but intention fully known. "Don't try to sneak up on me" Jasper said, before downing his last shot "I know you're there...and I know why you've come over to me, just out of the blue" Jasper didn't take any care to lower his voice, though noone would hear the two amidst the people of the pub. "You saw this..." Jasper said, raising the Cog over his shoulder "You can have it..." Jasper started to say "...for a price" he continued, placing the Golden Cog in his pocket and standing from the bar-side seat. "I can tell you want the Cog...many people do..." Jasper said, walking slighlty closer to the Wolf "But matters regarding pricless neccessities such as this, are better discussed away from the wandering eyes of drunkards, eh?" he whispered, motioning his metal hand toward the stairs leading to the upstairs attic he called his home, albeit temporary. "Oi, Mardar!You've got to pay for the drink! shouted the bartender at Jasper "Be a good chap and add it to the tab again" Jasper said to the bartender, almost expecting another shout back, yet all the bartender did was sigh and walk into the back storage room, which Jasper used as an opportunity to lead the way to and up the stairs.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 am

Kyle was a bit confused as he was lead up. He had fully expected for Mardar to guard the cog a bit more.....Ah, Kyle didn't know the word for it, but he could sense that something was up with these cogs, and it meant trouble.

"Do you mind telling me why these cogs are 'priceless necessities'" Kyle asked once out of earshot of anyone else. He had stolen his just for the reason that it looked expensive, and that someone would buy it for a hefty price. Apparently, they were more valuable than he thought.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Jasper flung the door to his small home open, revealing only a bed amongst stacks of crates and piles of boxes "Well, my naive young thief..." Jasper said, pulling the Cog out of his pocket once again "these little Cogs are the centerpiece for a thief" Jasper set the cog down on a small table, taking great care with the Cog. "Every thief wants one and they'll do anything to get them" Jasper opened a near-by box, and pulled out a small, dust covered book "I found out about these golden little marvels from this book..." Jasper said, opening the book. As the book opened, and the dust flew off the cover, Jasper tapped a metal finger on the Cog "The little beauty here...will not be cheap, my friend" he said, reminding them both why they were there "'The Golden Cogs, Levers and Springs are seen to be the centerpiece of a thieving career, the bigger the collection, the better the thief...'" Jasper quoted from the book, Jasper placed the book on the table, next to the Cog "Now...the matter of your purchase" Jasper said, tapping the Cog once again.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 pm

For a second, Kyle didn't say anything. In his mind, the cog was as good as his, All he had to do was draw his gun. Whether the guy would resist, shout, or surrender, he didn't care. But, then again, if the guy shouted out, Kyle would have to move through the crowd below. And, With most of them drunk, someone might get the courage to hold him up. And then He'd have to fight his way out, and he didn't like that the odds were unknown. Who knew which drunk would draw a gun or a knife, or if more than one would step up.

"You run out of money and can't pay for your drinks?" Kyle observed. "Okay then. Whats your price?"

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 am

"Well, considering what I had to do to get this one Cog...I'd say 150 or higher" Jasper said, after thikning throug the numbers "but, if you have anything other idea, feel free to tell me" Jasper took an old, worthless coin and started to perform his coin walk trick when he heard a loud knocking on his door. "If you'll excuse me..." Jasper said to the wolf, standing from his stool and walking to the door "who is it?" Jasper asked, listening for an answer "Open the Door, Mardar!" shouted the bartender, clearly angry "Your bar tab's overdue and I want the money now!" the bartender continued, starting to slam his fist on the door. "Mordecai, calm down, I'll have the money for you soon..." Jasper said, noticing the wood on the door splinter and crack "No excuses this time, Mardar!" Mordecai shouted, hitting the door a final time, causing it to fly open, reavealing him in the doorway, gun in hand aiming at Jasper. "Okay Mordecai...put down the gun...we can work this out" Jasper said, stepping in front of the table, in order to hide the Cog "Come on Mordecai, be a good chap and don't shoot..." Jasper didn't know what he could do, at gunpoint, he was defenceless.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 am

Kyle had turned his back on the shooter in order to conceal his movements. He had drawn his revolver, and checked how many shots he had. All six, and three handfuls of extra ammunition. Perfect. Kyle hoped that no one would try to join in on the fight. If anything, he knew that he and Mardar needed to leave the area, or risk getting shot at by other "vigilantes".

"Straight to Infierno, Mordecai." He casually stated, before whirling around, his gun aimed at Mordecai. He pulled the trigger.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Jasper watched as the wolf shot Mordecai, sending the bartender to the ground without a word "Well, that's an interesting way to pay for something..." Jasper said, kneeling next to Mordecai's body "well, the Cog's yours, but I don't think we should leave this body here". Jasper reached into each of Mordecai's pockets and took out everything held within, keeping anything valuable, such as a pocketwatch and a small pouch of coins "bit o' a cheap chap yourself, Mordecai" Jasper thought, examining the pocketwatch. "Well...what're we going to do about ol' Mordecai here?" Jasper asked, tucking the watch and pouch in his pocket.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 pm

As Kyle took the Cog, placing it in one of the concealed pockets in his jacket, he shrugged. "Leave him here. The drunks will eventually find his body." he stated. "In the mean time, might I suggest we leave before someone gets sober enough to actually walk up the stairs."

Kyle walked down the stairs, looking around. Most were casting glances at him, muttering among themselves. Plan B.

He jumped the counter, and casually browsed the selection, before taking a specific bottle of wine. Say what you would about Kyle. He did have some taste. Something a bit contradictory to his aggressive nature.

Then, an idea came to him. It might buy them a few more moments, or a few more days. Whichever.

"Anything on the shelf is free! Courtesy of Mordecai!" he shouted. A roar of approval rose up, as a bunch of people got up and lunged for the shelves.

"I think it would be a good time to go, Mardar! You lead the way." Kyle shouted over the clamor of breaking glass and shouts from the mob tearing up the shelves.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Jasper barely made it off the stairs before a sudden riot broke out "Nice escape tactic...very subtle" Jasper shouted to the wolf, while he pussed past the drunkards and rioters. Once he was close enough, Jasper said "The only way out of here is the front door" Jasper pointing down to the front door, which was clear of any people "but there's no doubt someone'll hear this ruckus once we open that door...some police are bound to show up". Jasper thought quickly, as the drunkards were becoming more violent as the riot went on "Well...it's the only way we have so, let's get out of here" Jasper said, before he quickly ran toward the door throwing it open and seeing the street, the lights of the building across were out and not a single person walked the streets. Jasper waited outside for the wolf but, from the corner of his eye, he saw something slip away into a near-by alleyway.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Kyle made his way through the riot, pushing a few people out of his way. When we made it out, he straightened his clothes. "People go crazy over free beer and wine." he commented.

Making sure his gun, knife, and now two golden cogs were in place and secured, he looked back over to Mardar. "Well, I don't know about you, but personally, I think its time we leave this Town before the drunks are sober enough to realize that someone just got shot." he advised.

"Got any plans in mind?"

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:19 pm

"Hmmm...well, I know a good place that we can stay in hiding, just for a while" Grey said, taking a map of the city out of his pocket "...so just follow the right....take a left...and down" he muttered to himself, creating a hundred different routes on the map "Well, I've think I know where to go" Grey said, turning around and walking to a near-by alleyway. Once in the alleyway, Grey looked at the brick walls and even the ground "where is it...where is it...where is it?" Grey muttered, still looking for something. Grey looked for up to 10 straight minutes until he found what he was looking for "there are a few loose bricks in the ground here, I may need a hand moving them" Grey said, kneeling down in the farthest corner of the alleyway.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Kyle went over to where Jasper was in order to help move the bricks. But before he reached him, a small feeling caused him to turn around. His eyes scanned over the area, though he saw nothing that merited suspicion. Still, he had a feeling that they were under watch.

Dismissing the feeling for the moment, he approached the farthest corner, and began moving the bricks.
Last edited by cossant on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Jasper removed brick after brick and, with the helping hand of the wolf, the bricks were cleared and it revealed a trapdoor built into the ground "Now all we do is go down here" Jasper said, lifting the wooden door, revealing an almost endless hole, with nary a light, only a ladder.
Jasper started climbing down the ladder, going down for what seemed like hours, yet soon Jasper reached the ladder's bottom "aren't you coming?" Jasper shouted up at the wolf.
Last edited by Grey_fox20 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.