The weapons of Armetsuru(open to first four)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: The weapons of Armetsuru(open to first four)

Post by Kael » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Kael settled down and went into a trance, cross-legged. 300 years of life left no need to sleep. He was reviewing his spellbook, preparing for tomorrow's events. He memorized spells and worked on others.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Realizing the the fact that he hadn't really slept much in his escape, Mark went to one of the mats, laid himself down, and promptly fell asleep. His hand rested on the hilt of the silver dagger strapped to his right side, as was his mindset of always being prepared.

rest easy, Mark. a voice called out from the outskirts of his mind. You deserve that much

A Falcon circled overhead, eyeing the cabin, seeming to be waiting for something.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence
Species: sapphire wolf

Post by kitsuni89 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 am

The moon has set and the sun started to shine over the horizon. Once the sun shined over the land, Daine looked up and hid away many different orbs into her palm. Walking throught the door she saw Kael still awake and Mark asleep. "Not get much sleep there Kael?" She gave a small smile then looked down at Mark with his paw on his dagger. "Hmm he doesn't seem to relaxed to think he is in danger here," she thought in her head. A windy like image of her self came from her and went to tap on Mark's shoulder to wake him. Daine didn't want to get cut before her daily session. "Well boys and kind, wise owl we must set out on the trail. Light is shining and we don't want to miss the most we can get." She gave each member of the group a hide- wrapped morning meal. It was dried vegetable bars with a pouch a special mixed juice made only by a few and Daine was one of those few. In the owl's wrapped meal was a thing of spirit seed and a pouch of water. "They don't spill or nothing so you can eat as we walk." She grabbed her stuff, went outside, put her to the ground for a moment then started walking on the torn path.
Slimtart: I am known as the twin spirit fox.
Kovu: No...your known as a the demented creature from the darkness.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Kovu: Noooo! *runs*
Slimtart: Why you running? *Chases*
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Kael followed, whilst nibbling. He wasn't very hungry, rather... Studying how this skunk knew where to go.

Flumen flew above them and kept an eye out for dangers and obstacles.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Mark, feeling the unfamiliar presence tap him, immediately sprung up and away from it, landing on his feet, dagger extended.
seeing that it was just an image conjured from Daine, he relaxed his stance, and resheathed his weapon. "Sorry. Force of habit when around strangers."

As he received the hide-wrapped meal, he smiled. "Thanks."

Eating on his way, his mind began to wander slightly.

Been awhile since I traveled without my regular leather armor. This vest won't last two sword strikes.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Daine swayed her tail as she walked. Jingle noise rang through the air as it moved. Every so often she would stop to listen with her ear to the dirt, raise her nose to the air, or to put her ear to plants. This was a usual thing for her when she travels to new destinations. "We should reach the the area of the hidden door soon gentlemen. Be on guard for teckler demons. they're small but like to bite tails of ones taller than them which is practically everyone. Do you two know how to throw off your mating scents?" The purple skunk stopped and turned to them for their answers before they continue.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Kael gestured his hands, and all smell left him.

"Yep." He simply said.

"I can do Mark too, if he wishes," he offered.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Mark shrugged. "Sorta. I can mask it." Looking over to Kael, he took a step back. "Uh, I'll pass, thanks." he declined the offer. He still didn't fully trust himself to strange magic, although he still had a great sense of curiosity on the subject.

"Besides, who'd be tracking us besides a few small demons?" he continued.

My friends, that's who. he thought. He really hoped they made it out of that forest.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 am

"I meant let your scents out, like if you were to attract a mate. Like this so to speak. just be careful not to be attracted to me because I am a tough cookie." Daine shook out her fur and rolled on the ground for a moment. Soon the air filled with a scent from her fur meant to attract a male mate. "Tap into your feral side. If needed, take a deep sniff of my scent to make you want to let yours out. I don't know how males give off their mating scents t5o attract another because I haven't tried to get a mate yet."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

"Oh." Kael waved again, and his scent returned.

<Well, let's see,> Kael thought hard. <I could reverse the process... maybe summon a wind? No, wait, amplify the air around me and reproduce it rapidly. Hmmm... I know just the thing.> Kael drew a quick Locate rune, found the spot where his mating scent hid, and then drew an Activation rune. After a couple hundred years of not needing it, his scent was a bit musty, but it worked all the same. It was subtle smell, not immediately noticeable, but powerful all the same, especially with Kael using Copy runes to increase it. It soon mingled with Daine's scent. It carried a hint of cinnamon in it.

Kael shook himself. "Whew, been a while. 190 years, 3 months, and 21 days, to be precise. Long memory," he said with a wink.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Mark turned his back a minute, steeling his mind against Daine's scent. He remembered the dark blue wolf he met a while back. How they showed an interest in each other, and how Mark finally felt like he had someone else he could trust. hmph. A lot to expect from one day, but he did, despite all his early mental barriers against most.

I'll be looking for you, Blue. I just hope you and Aiden made it out okay. he thought, his ears slightly lowering in a momentary sadness.

Never really fully able to control his scent, he knew he didn't need to worry. He just had to stop attempting to mask it.

Before he could really react, the smell of cinnamon hit his nose, causing him to gag a little, before moving a few feet away from Kael.

"No offense, Kael, but could you tune your scent down a little, before I see my dinner again?" he said, his paws over his muzzle/nose muffling the request slightly. "again, no offense meant."

Mark never really cared for cinnamon. Mint leaves, yes. Certain other spices, yes. Cinnamon, hell no.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 am

(Awwww Mark you remembered Blue ^w^. We need to start thread with those two so they can have time together.)
Daine drooled a bit but shook her head. "Sorry boys, never had a mate yet. Your scents kind of just made me dizzy for a second." She groaned llightly as she began walking again trying to stay out of a downwind current. Faint cries came from bushes showing that the teckler demons were retreating from the smell they could not stand. The air got thinner a slight bit as they stood on a empty area. "This is it, the door. I will need some explosive powder from you Mark. I know every thief carries some if you wouldn't mind. Kael, I need a expansion rune to make the grains of the powder bigger so the whole door blows." She smiled and drew a circle where she wanted the powder and rune to be placed and worked. "After Kael uses the rune, I want Mark to ignite the powder. I will make a barrier to contain the explosion." A light green barrier like wall surrounded the area. "Only living things can enter and exit this kind of barrier so get in and do your thing then get out so you don't get harmed."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Kael looked at Flumen. Flumen hooted and flew in, dropped to the circle. and started pecking the ground in the correct shape for the rune. Then Kael fed power to the rune once Flumen left. The rune glowed on the ground, waiting to activate on the next thing placed on it.

Kael deactivated the smell gland a bit, letting it not overpower Mark. Then he drew a rune of shielding, and tapped the three of them and Flumen. A shield formed around them. "Just in case it goes bad, this shield is attuned only to us. We are able to pass through it, and none others."

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 pm

"How'd you-" Mark began before realizing that he had yet to meet an even half-equipped thief without the ingredients for a flash or fire bomb. Reaching into his cloak, he pulled out the fine powder in a think pouch. A fuse stuck out of the end of it. Pulling at the strings around the light bag, Mark pulled the fuse out, and put it back into his cloak.

Kneeling down over the area, Mark poured the black powder over and around the area and rune.

"Last good one I have, so let's make this cou-...aw crap." Feeling around his vest, he realized that at some point he must have lost his flint. "Looks like I don't have much means of igniting this powder. "Any of you happen to have a piece of flint, or something? Otherwise I may have to look for other means to light it." he reported.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:48 am

Daine looked at the rune makings Kael was doing. "Very good Kael." She looked over to Mark as he stumbled on his words regarding her knowledge of thieves. A smirk appeared on her face as he dumped the powder on the ground. "Ah nice, smooth powder. That stuff isn't cheap, for people that buy it. right mark?" she giggled then pulled him into the shield. "I can light it. Don't worry." She blew on her finger gently and a flame popped up. it danced around grabbing for the surrounding air to try and grow. A couple instructions were told to the flame like it was listening and it jumped from her thumb and made a fast, long path to the powder. Soon the flame touched the powder and the expansion rune caused the explosion to crack the sound barrier in loudness. The lavender skunk looked at the flames and soon the little flame from before jumped back on her thumb and disappeared. "Whew, that was a biggie. Shall we move on fellas?" she walked down the steps in the hole.